Like it or not, chances are you’re getting some with your ketchup along with other foods you are feeding yourself and your family.
I’ve been reading several of my favorite mom blogs lately and the topic of the Washington Post article discussing the recent findings of mercury in HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) in many products. If you didn’t get to read about this is a great post about the article. Read this article for more information.
I, like so many other moms, worry about what goes into our growing children as well as what we give to all our family members. A TOXIN such ad Mercury certainly isn’t something I want to feed my family. Mercury is toxic in all its forms. There is a list of 55 brand name products that were found to contain mercury. Some of them I had in my own home and had been feeding to my family. To say the least, I will no longer be purchasing those items. But what else is it in that we don’t know about?
The number of children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders and developmental delays is growing at an epidemic alarming rate. Is there any wonder why with Mercury in the foods we feed our children? Mercury is a known neurotoxin. I have a child with develpomental delays and the last thing I want to do is add more toxins especially Mercury to his body. It sickens me to no end that the FDA allows such things to occur.
I came across a report you may find interesting reading: Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy Not So Sweet: Missing Mercury and High Fructose Corn Syrup. Table 3 might interest you too.
When will they realize what damage they are doing to our children?