Manchester is really a lovely place to visit and if you ever get the chance I highly recommend it. Never having been there before we were a little lost when it came to locating a place to stay. Fortunately, we got a little help from our friends and found a great place – Staycity Aparthotels Manchester Piccadilly. It was right in the city center near Piccadilly Station and all the shopping locations you could want.
Now, this isn’t your typical hotel. Well, not what we think of here in the U.S. anyway. Staycity Aparthotels are just like what they sound like apart(ment)/hotels, they are serviced apartments to be exact. Here let me show you around the place.
You wouldn’t believe how much space there is in that kitchen. There’s plenty of space for any groceries you decide to pick up as well. There is a little grocery store just down the street called Tessco Express. FYI, they have some yummy gluten-free items as well including crumpets which we had for breakfast. When in England.
A couple of things to note. Not bad things, just things I think you should know before you book a room.
- There is very little shelf space so don’t take too much with you.
- The bathrooms are pretty small (as in not very wide from sink to wall). If you watch the video observe how close the sink is to the toilet in the master bath.
- There is a filled liquid handsoap dispenser so no need for small bar soaps thus no soap dish.
- In the shower, there is a filled body wash/shampoo dispenser. I’m not too keen on using body wash as shampoo.
- There is no shelf in the shower in which to put your shampoo if you take it with you.
- There’s only one wardrobe.
- No dressers in which to put your clothing but there are a few shelves on one side of the wardrobe so you can stack your clothing.
- There is no need to pack your hairdryer as one is provided. You’ll find it in the wardrobe.
- Also no need to worry if your clothes get wrinkled in transit, there’s an iron and small ironing board in the master bedroom wardrobe too.
- There were only a handful of hangers in the one wardrobe in the apartment which really wasn’t enough for four people but we made due.
The Second Bedroom:
I didn’t show you a pic of the second bedroom because well, I didn’t think to take a picture of it until my kids were asleep and I just didn’t have the heart to wake them. The thing to note about the second bedroom is 1) there is no closet or wardrobe just beds, a chair and nightstands by the beds with lamps and 2) the door doesn’t close because of the sizes of the beds. It wasn’t a problem for us but might be if you are expecting to be able to close that door.
You do get Free Wi-Fi, there’s an on-site cafe, fitness facilities, 24-hour reception desk help (they are so helpful!), luggage storage (for an additional fee), car parking and other amenities you can find listed on their website.
Location is everything! You want to be close to practically everything? Then this is the place to stay – right in the heart of the city of Manchester! We truly enjoyed our visit and hope to visit again.
Don’t forget your Travel Adapter
Oh before I forget, here’s that link to the travel adapter we used that I mentioned in the video. It was fantastic! We could charge all 4 phones and laptop and iPods all at the same time and it charged them all up really quick. I highly recommend it.